Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Work on People Pleasing - A Workshop in L.A.

People pleasing is one of the behaviors I engage in most often, and it drives me crazy.  It doesn't feel good when I do it, and I end up begin unhappy with myself and resentful of the person whose love and approval I'm trying to get.  A no-win situation for sure.  


Since I started doing The Work of Byron Katie on the thoughts that keep me in those people pleasing behaviors, I've noticed a big shift.  I'm more honest with people up front.  If I catch myself behaving in people pleasing ways, I'm more likely to just own up to it right there.  I say something like, "You know, I just realized that I'm trying to get you to like me."  It feels so good to own up to it, and it inevitably strengthens the bond between the other person and me.

I thought other people might be interested in this, too, so I decided to do a workshop that focuses on doing The Work on people-pleasing.  If you're interested, click here for all the details.  Seating is limited to 65, so register early.  Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment