Wednesday, June 1, 2011

An Anchor

I've lost everything, yet now there's a feeling of being anchored.

What have I lost? Any belief in "me" as real. Any identification or belief that there is a self and this self has control. Any desire to try to fix, change, alter, or improve what this one known as "Natalie" does or thinks or feels (or what anyone else thinks or does or feels, for that matter). Any belief that "I" have control of any kind. Even the idea that "I've" lost everything has been lost.

Yet, in all this losing, there is a feeling of being anchored--anchored in the Abyss, planted in the Void (like a balloon tethered to a buoy that is floating in the great Ocean of All).

When, seemingly, "All-is-lost," the anchor of All That Is appears.

1 comment:

  1. Natalie I love the metaphor of the tethered balloon ...floating in the great Ocean of All. Beautifully said. it's a keeper!

    Thanks,

    Ron

    ReplyDelete