Sunday, October 30, 2011

To a Friend...

Hi B,

Sorry to be so long in answering. I was trying to think of how best to answer your questions.

Advaita is not a concept for me, it's a reality. There is nothing but the One; and all is going as it should. Since it is a reality, there is no practice. In fact, there is nothing to practice. I mean, in all honesty, what would "I" practice? There is no longer any belief that "I" exist, apart from the One. There is seriously no thing that believes itself to be Natalie any longer, even though "I" answer to that name and seem to be experiencing a life that is "hers."

Apologies if I sound flip. I assure you, that is not the intention. Since you are a follower of Advaita and read the nondual literature, I am speaking to you as bluntly and "truthfully" as "I" know how to do so, coming from the experience that appears to be happening now. Words no longer work well to describe this, and they never really have.

There's a nonduality group that I began attending last year in September. I like to attend the meetings, because the members are serious about waking up (finally seeing that there is nothing but God/the One), and are committed to getting rid of everything that doesn't support that, including doctrines, philosophies, ideas, practices, etc. To realize that God is All means being willing to die to let everything die!

How about you, B? What are you willing to give up to finally realize that there is nothing but God; meaning are you willing to give up "you" as a separate entity? "You"; everything that you think of as "you" (thoughts, feelings, beliefs, practices, will, actions, directive, soul, etc.). Are you willing to give that up to understand that "you" are God, masquerading as "B" and that all those things you think "you" need to find the truth are really God experiencing Itself as that? Realization is so simple that it is overlooked again and again. Nothing but God, and not even that.

No comments:

Post a Comment